Core Values, Professional Standards & Ethics
These standards are designed as a guide to professional standards and ethics for Members and the Strategic Leadership Network. They should serve as a reference to support this professional organization and build a culture of openness, trust, and integrity in all leadership, management, membership, networking and business practices. Further, the standards serve as our guide to develop sound strategic leaders who will expand the leadership landscape and reflect well on the profession.
The “ARV” in ARVoices stands for Accountability, Results and Value –
- ARVoices members adhere to the highest standards of credibility and accountability. We hold ourselves responsible for making ethical decisions, adhering to the best leadership principles and consulting practices, and for performing deliberate activities that ensure our those we work for and with achieve the expected goals and results of any engagement or interaction.
- We hold ourselves accountable to deliver measurable results and lead those we influence on the path to achieving organizational excellence. Our members come from a multitude or professions and disciplines, but we agree to provide services, give recommendations and make decisions based on the needs and benefits of those we serve, not our own. We are strategic leaders!
- ARVoices members are committed to connecting, contributing, engaging and learning with and from other leaders. We are committed to life-long learning and professional development. We take pride in our ability to collaborate with other diverse and various members, clients, our employees, and our teams and listen for their needs. As strategic leaders and practitioners, we will study, connect, learn, and network so as to design solutions to address critical challenges and transform business systems.
- At the heart of our existence, is our commitment to move beyond training and development and use performance measurement tools and assessments to determine success. We work to not only develop plans but to proactively implement said plans so as to deliver measurable results for our organizations. We are strategic leaders!
- ARVoices members ensure that we add value where and when we can. We value our clients/staff/employees/teams/organizations’ needs. We value our professional standards and integrity. We work to ensure that those with whom we work with and for realize the value of our leadership, research and expertise, and we do this by listening and communicating regularly. We ensure those we lead and serve benefit as a result of us being part of the team.
We are strategic leaders!
Professional Standards and Ethics
- ARVoices Strategic Leaders agree to uphold to the highest level of professionalism and ethics.
- Membership in this Network reflects the high standards of business conduct representing what is the hallmark of our organization. Our Ethics and Professional Standards guidelines help define our commitment to support a culture of openness, trust and integrity in all we do.
- Members, and the Advisory Board, are committed to conducting all of ARVoices’ affairs and activities with the highest standards of ethical conduct. All of us have an obligation to adhere to these standards and encourage others to do the same.
- Members are passionate about working with other members and for our respective organizations. We dedicate ourselves to pursuing our mission with integrity, fairness and respect for the individual, ever mindful that there is no “right way” to do the “wrong thing.”
- The Ethics guidelines help clarify our standard of conduct. They reflect that ARVoices membership is agreement for members to credit ethical considerations associated with their actions. Steadfastness to these standards and principles affirms our long-standing commitment to conduct business with integrity and without deception.
- As Strategic Leaders we want to ask ourselves, “Am I doing the ‘right thing’ for the ‘right reason‘?”
ARVoices Members – Strategic Leaders – are committed to:
- Proactively promote ethical behavior and these professional standards as a responsible partner among peers in the work environment as well as in the Network.
- Deal fairly with other ARVoices members as well as the clients, customers, suppliers, competitors, volunteers, and employees whom we work with and for beyond this Network – we know it is important to the profession and discipline of leadership to strive for excellent service.
- Provide constituents with information that is accurate, objective, relevant, timely, and understandable without inappropriately disclosing confidential data/information.
- Comply with applicable government laws, rules and regulations for all geographical regions and countries for which we operate.
- Maintain the confidentiality of information entrusted to them by others as appropriate.